TVR Tuscan MK1 4.0
This rather gorgeous late ’54 plate MK1 Tuscan 4.0. Finished in Grigio Titanio, with rare two-tone black & white seats and silver dash – 33,500 miles.
Once we’ve finished prepping it to our standards… the car will be a very sought after little beastie.
The car is in good condition and looks fantastic with the two-tone seats and interior.
Only 3 previous owners, and really it’s only 2 as the last chap did less than 250 miles and bought it in July 2018 from Tony Gilbert for £32,500.
Prior to that the previous owner had owned the car since April 2006 when the car had covered approximately 5000 miles.
- PDI – 30/09/04 – 7 miles – TMS Melton
- 1000 Mile Service – 21/12/04 – 920 miles – TMS Melton
- 6000 Mile Service – 17/03/06 – 5,127 miles – Gatwick TVR
- 12000 Mile Service/New AP Clutch- 29/03/07 – 12,446 miles – Automedon TVR
- 12000 Mile Service – 30/03/08 – 18,114 miles – Automedon TVR
- 12000 Mile Service – 22/04/09 – 21,217 miles – Automedon TVR
- Half Time Bearing Replaced – 21/08/09 – Automedon TVR
- 6000 Mile Service – 21/03/10 – 24,739 miles – Automedon TVR
- 12000 Mile Service – 23/04/11 – 27,156 miles – Automedon TVR
- Steering Rack refurbishment & New Oil Tank (Fresh Oil) – 23/05/11 – Automedon TVR
- Service Oil – 04/07/12 – 30,471 miles – Autologic Ltd
- Service Oil – 03/04/17 – 32,808 miles – Autologic Ltd
- Refitment of Cats – 20/07/17 – 33,181 miles – PPC Melton/Tony Gilbert TVR
- Service (As required!) – 31/07/18 – 33,238 miles – Tony Gilbert TVR
- 12000 Mile Service (As below) – 04/12/18 – 33,452 miles – Shmoo Automotive Ltd
- Paintwork as req and Wheel refurbishment – January 2019 – Shmoo Automotive Ltd
We have now gone through the car from front to back as per normal, and the car has been prepped to get it up to Shmoo Automotive Ltd retail standards.
Work we’ve carried out as follows:
Carry out full top end inspection of engine and compression test (All excellent).
Pressure testing of cooling system
Full 12k Service inc valve clearances and re-shim/adjust as required.
Change oil and filter
Change fuel filter and air filter
Change spark plugs
Replace cracked coil
Replace both engine mounts
Adjustment of timing chains and PAS belt
Balance throttle bodies
Bleed brakes/fresh fluid
Adjust ride height front and rear as too high – plus full Geo set up.
Lubricate throttle cable and check pedal box
Change gearbox and diff oil
Replace Anderson plug as original and corroded.
More information and details, plus a full set of photos will follow during January/February.
Please get in touch if you’d like more information in the meantime.
The car is now back in Leicester to have a small amount of paintwork carried out to again bring the car to our retail standard, and the wheels refurbished due to previous paint reaction and light curbing etc. (Returned back to as new spec – Anthracite.).
Car £29,999 as is, or we can offer a Powers Performance rebuild option for £34,999* (Although the engine seems very healthy with excellent compression and minimal wear.)
*Subject to terms and conditions.