TVR Chimaera 450 PAS
Estoril Alloys - Leather Inner Doors - Brushed Dash - Last owner 11yrs
Registration: 2000 X
Colour: Brilliant Silver Metallic with Nimbus Grey and Flint Ambla
Deposit now taken……
TVR Chimaera 450 PAS – 2000 X
THIS CAR IS BACK WITH US – Take a look at the chassis pics and video.
Just 36,200 miles, just 3 loving owners – the last of which did 21,000 of those miles over the last 11yrs.
There is always a subtle difference between an original, well cared for car and a car that’s had to be brought back to that standard.
This car is one of those that you only come across maybe once or twice a year in this job.
*The car is so nice we decided that although the chassis was rock solid, we were going to have our TVR Tech fit made to measure, bespoke outriggers, new shocks and springs…plus new tyres.
*In addition the car had a full checkover and any work required carried out to make it ready for sale. There are two detailed invoices to go with the car, and copies of these can be emailed to any interested party.
In our techs own words..”This car is so good to drive Ed, and as soon as you get in it, it feels fresh and tight. You can tell it’s a late car and a cut above a normal 20yr old Chim”.
Phil our tech will happily have a chat with anyone who’s interested in the car, it’s always good to talk to the person who’s been working with the nuts and bolts!
Just take a moment or two to look at the videos of the underside to see the standards that we work to.
- 16/10/00 – Brand New – (We have the original Factory Build Sheet)
- 07/01/03 – 2nd Owner – Approx 5000 to 6000 miles
- 09/12/07 – Last Owner – 15,150 miles
- PDi – 14/10/00 – Brundle TVR
- 1000 Service – 819 miles – 07/11/00 – Brundle TVR
- 6000 Service – 4,569 miles – 21/01/02 – Brundle TVR
- 12000 Service – 5,003 miles – 17/10/02 – Newtown Motors TVR
- Service – 10,623 miles – 27/04/05 – MP Services
- Service – 15,148 miles – 04/12/07 – Tony Gilbert Cars Ltd
- 12000 Service – 17,012 miles – 01/05/08 – David Gerald TVR
- 6000 Service – 21,277 miles – 28/05/09 – David Gerald TVR
- 12000 Service – 26,436 miles – 28/05/10 – Neil Garner TVR
- Full Service – 33,381 miles – 02/08/13 – T.Bradley Motor Services Ltd
- Full Service – 35,526 miles – 01/05/18 – T.Bradley Motor Services Ltd
- Full Checkover – 36,200 miles – 15/10/18 – Shmoo Automotive Ltd * (See above).
The car has only been used in the dry weather, it’s always been garaged and kept under a cover, as you can see the car has done very little mileage in the last 5yrs or so.
As shown above, the car has recently been serviced and brand new rear window fitted in July. (Both jobs within the last 700 miles).
Armourfend covers the front, flanks and archs, and has been fitted from new.
Specced with Estoril, ‘Griff wheels’ from new, steel dash and leather door cards. It’s a beautiful example of a late Chim 450.
Contact Ed for more info.
The exterior looks fresh and the protection offered by the armourfend has helped to keep this car looking younger than its 18yrs.
The interior looks very modern, and the dash suits the colour-scheme perfectly.
There is very little wear to the seats or leather door cards.
The rear window was replaced in July ’18 and as yet…has not been folded!
The engine bay is very tidy and honest. There are no oil leaks on the valley or rockers and it’s all dry and lovely.
Our TVR tech will be going through everything and checking in detail for any requirements before sale to the next lucky owner.
Just back and what a lovely job as always by Phil, our factory trained TVR Tech.
We do not fit off the shelf/half outriggers, or sleeve them as this is a low standard of repair in our opinion and should be avoided.
Our outriggers are made bespoke to each car and made to measure by Phil. He orders the steel, does all the work other than the powder-coating and as you can see is well worth all the effort.
Cracking job, and along with new shocks and tyres means you can use this Chimmy without worries for many a year to come.