1 owner - 6,254 miles See engine pics....
Colour: Starmist Chianti
Deposit Now Taken!!!!
TVR Tuscan MK1 – 2000 – one of the very first cars off the production line fitted with original early factory alloys.
TVR Tuscan MK1 – Year 2000 – one of the early cars off the production line fitted with original alloys.
Just the 1 owner from new and 6,254 miles. (Clock changed when 7mths old when it had done 814 miles) 5,440 showing on the speedo.
The owner had his money down on the previous model, like some 400 others who at one point thought there was a Griffith Speed Six coming, but that never came to pass.
Built in Nov ’99, the first and only owner set down the spec on this car in late 1998, when TVR announced the new model.
He went over to Bristol Avenue and spent a great day at the factory – in Peter Wheeler’s office with him and Dorothy Cureton. Agreeing colours, full leather etc.
At that time, as he was a repeat client, they promised him a very early car.
Build Sheet – We have now found the build sheet for this car and it confirms the high spec and the fact that it was indeed ordered at the Factory by the current owner. That in itself was very unusual, and just adds to the interest overall to this rare time-warp car.
- Chianti Starmist Paint
- Dash Top – Magnolia Leather V0541
- Seats – Magnolia Leather V0541 – Full Hide
- Carpet – Chianti
- Carpet Piping – Burgundy Leather
- Hood – Chianti Flock
- Order Date – 18/12/98
- Build Date – 29/11/99
- Factory Order – Mr McGarry (Current registered owner)
- Order Number – 21482
- Build Number – 2133
The car has been garaged the whole of its life in the Isle of Man, and only ever went off the Island to be serviced back at Bristol Avenue and after that at David Gerald.
In recent years it’s been looked after by the local sports car specialist SCP on the IOM.
Due to work and other travel commitments, over the past 15 years the car has only been out on sunny weekends when he was back on the Island. Hence the low mileage.
The car has a UK MOT and we will be ordering a new V5C from the DVLA for the new owner once sold, should the car remain in the UK of course.
A unique example of a highly specified original Tuscan, just like it came out of Bristol Avenue.
Original paintwork and in fresh condition that only a genuine, super low mileage car can really reflect. The interior is beautiful, as close to new as you’ll see on an 18yr old TVR.
No shine on the steering wheel etc. Makes you smile… it’s that lovely.
There is the odd touched in mark and stone chip on the car, we have left it as is in the main as the next owner may wish to leave it untouched.
It runs very well, we’ve just had our TVR tech check the top-end, and carried out a valve clearance adjustment. Only 2 needed to be done. The cams, finger followers and valve guides are original and show no signs of wear. (See photos on our website.)
All very healthy and in good order. Obviously being such an early engine we can’t offer an engine warranty. However, it’s lasted nearly 20yrs and looks to have no top-end wear, so it’s certainly not something we would be looking to rebuild if it was our car until such time as that situation changes.
If you’re planning to add this to a low-mileage collection we’d again suggest leaving it as is it is for the reasons stated above. The value of this car is its originality and low mileage, so it’s possibly not the car to buy and pile the miles on this summer!
Prep – We are selling this car for the owner, who is not in the position to prep the car any further, and as such we have a list of jobs that the next owner will need to be aware of. Most of these are ok to be left as is and are not pressing, however we want to be as transparent and as picky as possible and we list those items below.
- Starter Solenoid is sticking on occasion, this will be due to sitting and should be ok with use.
- LED Lights on Dash flickering – Need to be removed and sent to Paul Smith for a repair if you want it A1, but it’s not urgent and some people would not bother…or even notice!
- Alarm – Fob opens and closes the car, but you need to use the ‘peg’ to override the immobiliser. That might be how the very early ones worked of course, I can’t recall.
- Fuel hoses are old – So will require replacement at some point. 1hr job.
- N/S/R and O/S/R Upper wishbone bushes slightly rubbing.
- N/S Steering Rack boot/Gaiter Split.
- Old tyres are old, as no doubt originals.
- Oil tank has been repaired by SCP (In the Isle of Man) from leaking with chemical metal. Was done 5yrs ago and not leaking, but at somepoint should be replaced or repaired correctly with a weld.
- Very slight chain noise – This is from the lower chain and we are very reluctant to adjust as this could possibly cause further issues with the original half time bearing. So best to just leave it as only minor. – Again we are being very picky as most cars with standard exhausts tend to highlight engine chain noise.
- Various scratches and chips on the paintwork that require further attention if you want the car to be perfect. (As seen in the videos.)
Videos – We also have several videos and would be happy to send those to any prospective buyer via Whatsapp should they not wish to come and view the car in person. However, as always we would recommend that you come and view as that is always the best way to satisfy yourself of the cars overall condition. Please message via Whatsapp on 07970 464360 (9am to 9pm usually gets an answer).
Please contact us for a chat should you have a serious interest in the car.
Test drives will only be given if we feel the weather is suitable.
£29,999 taken ‘as is’ or £35,999 fully prepped with a fresh 4.0 engine build and 5yr Powers Warranty.*
*Subject to Terms & Conds
We appreciate that not everyone is a mechanically trained engineer, but for those of you who are we have included these.
You are very welcome to have a chat with our factory trained TVR tech who works on these engines 6 days a week and he was very pleased and impressed by the condition of the top-end.